It was a terrific week here at the This vs That blog.
WE HAD MORE THAN 10,000 VISITORS
And for that, we’d like to say: Thank you!
If you like the work we’re doing would you do us a small favor? Share the page with your friends, colleagues, associates and family members. (There’s a share button just up to the left)
You see, This vs That is the first independently financed factual entertainment series…. and we don’t have the advertising budget of the big networks. So, like Blanche Dubois in “A Streetcar Named Desire,” we have to rely on the kindness of strangers… to get the word out.
And while it’s true our ad budget is small… our TV show is NOT! This vs That is as big as anything you’ve seen on History, Nat Geo or Discovery.
PLUS, WE ARE DOING THINGS THOSE NETWORKS CAN’T. AND WON’T.
1. Because we don’t take money from advertisers, we are able to do experiments you’d never see on regular TV, like our Hybrid vs Combustion Engine Challenge. Do you think Toyota would permit a TV show to test the efficiency of their Prius hybrid engine on a network they’ve paid a gazillion dollars to over the years in advertising? Of course not.
2. All of This vs That’s HD episodes are available 24/7. No more waiting a week, sometimes two or three for the next episode of your favorite show to be made available on Hulu or Netflix. With This vs That, you can have a six hour marathon all in one day… or make your own viewing schedule. It’s up to you.
3. There are NO commercial interruptions or advertising on the This vs That website to interfere with your seamless enjoyment of our 6 one-hour episodes.
4. This vs That is the first independently financed factual entertainment series and because we don’t have a network or advertisers to answer to, we have made a show that is not dumbed down or homogenized. We know our viewers are smart. Very smart. And so we’re not talking down to you. In fact, in some cases we’re gonna talk over your head. (Sorry about that.)
5. Finally, this weekend, to celebrate our success, we’re offering any episode of This vs That for a 50% savings. Just enter the promo code: 50%OffThisvsThat at check out.
Jon Hotchkiss is the creator, EP, Director & Writer of This vs That. He also created: The Truth About Sex (Playboy TV), Invasion of the X-Mas Lights (TLC), My Dad is Better Than Your Dad (NBC), and Punkin Chunkin (Science). Jon also ran the series Bullshit with Penn & Teller and was one of the original writers on Politically Incorrect. You can reach him here.
1,113 total views, 1 views today